Sunday, January 6, 2008

The First Kick!


On Friday (while at work in the O.R.), I got the first kick from the baby!  It was very strange, and by the time I figured out what happened, it had long been over.  I've been trying to pay close attention the last couple of days to see if I can feel another one, but no luck so far!  I've felt the baby move around and flip-flop for the last couple of weeks every day, so I knew a kick was probably on its way!  Besides that, nothing much new is going on.  I am getting a little bigger every week and now have had LOTS of people rubbing on my belly.  When it's my family or close friends, it doesn't bother me at all, but random nurses at work -- that's a little strange!  I've gone through a major growth spurt in the past 3 weeks!  More pictures to come soon....the picture above is an 18 week-old fetus...I will be 18 weeks on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawl, why do strange people think they can touch your belly - YIKES!!
I will try to think of a way for you to avoid the belly rub!