Thursday, December 13, 2007

Relief!

I went to the chiropractor for the first time on Monday afternoon and got "adjusted."  It was a little nerve-wracking because I have never been to one before, and didn't want him to pop my back and then I have a spinal cord injury or something....haha.  But the guy I am going to is GREAT and specializes in pregnant women, so I was very comfortable with him.  He told me on Monday that I have 4 ribs that are shifting positions enough to press on a nerve, causing lots of pain.  I didn't feel any pain at all until Tuesday night when I sat on the bleachers at Derek's basketball game for 4 hours, so that is a lot of improvement!  Usually my back hurts all of the time.  I went back again yesterday and got adjusted again, which helped even more!  I am going back again next week and then maybe once after that, and hopefully the pain will stay away.  I'll probably still go to get adjusted once a month or so, but that's not too bad.   This chiropractic office also has a massage therapist on site with a special pregnancy table that I'm really excited about for later.  I can't believe Derek and I are going home tomorrow!  Hopefully my back will cooperate for a few days....

No comments: