Tuesday, April 15, 2008

32 weeks!

Today makes 32 weeks! Only 8 more to go (unless I have a scheduled C-section, and then only 7 more to go!). I can't believe it is getting this close...it still feels so far away! Derek and I are just about finished with all of our childbirth classes...we only have a couple to go! Tonite is C-section night at our Lamaze class, so that should be interesting! I hear videos are involved...

Last week we did Baby Care Basics, Breastfeeding, and Save-A-Baby, which were all pretty good! Derek did great changing our plastic baby's diaper and swaddling her. We DID end up with the black plastic baby in both classes, which was weird, cause no one else had a black baby (even the black couples). Of course Derek found some humor in that and made some funny jokes!

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday -- just to check the normal stuff (weight, blood pressure, baby position, etc.) . Maybe Natalie decided to flip since the last appointment, but if she did, I didn't notice!

I don't know if any other pregnant women experience this, but the belly can be misleading! Here's what I mean...the size of my belly plus the pressure it creates on my stomach makes me feel like I'm full all of the time! Therefore, I never really feel that hungry anymore. This caught up with me yesterday when I almost passed out (literally) around 2 pm because I hadn't eaten anything all day. I never once even thought about eating (and if you know me, you know that just doesn't happen). So now I am trying to be more concious about eating at least a little something every few hours so my blood sugar doesn't get low and I get all woozy again...

That's about it!

No comments: