Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FINALLY all settled in....

So apparently I am the world's worst blogger.  To my credit, however, we've had a REALLY busy month!  On July 12th, we started the journey to move back home to Louisiana.  We got here the next day and have been getting settled in ever since!  We are currently living in my grandparents' vacant condo off of Jackson Street in Alexandria until our house sells and we can buy or rent another place.  It's small compared to what we were used to in Kentucky, but it's free, and very convenient.  So no complaints here!  

After spending lots and lots of time with our families, we are finally settled in and are staying in the condo for more than 2 nights at a time now!  It feels good to be in a routine!  Last week Derek and I went to the beach along with his sister and her husband.  We left Natalie as well as their 4 year old and 6 year old with Nanny (Derek's mom).  I must have really needed a vacation, because I did great!  I was really scared I would be miserable without Natalie, but I did just fine!  Hope that doesn't mean I'm a bad mom or anything....haha.  Gulf Shores was a blast and Derek and I had some much needed time together.  

Derek is starting work this week (teaching math at Dry Prong Jr High, unless something from ASH pulls through today) and Natalie is starting Day Care next week (the 11th).  She is getting so big!!!  I can't believe she is almost 8 weeks old!  She is smiling a lot now, especially in the morning, and is doing great with holding her head up more and more.  She is getting so LONG!  I know she'll be rolling over before I know it!  I am starting work on August 18th, so I'm going to enjoy my last couple of weeks!  Pictures of Natalie to come soon, I promise.


No comments: