Monday, March 17, 2008

Here come the childbirth classes!

Tomorrow is our first Lamaze class....it's a six week series that meets every Tuesday night for a couple of hours.  Also tomorrow is our 4-D Ultrasound!  I'm way more excited about that!  I survived all of the poking and prodding at the doctor's office last week and hopefully will get my test results in soon for the glucose test.  The doctor said now he wants to see me every 2 weeks instead of every month, which makes me feel like I'm getting closer to the end!  At my next doctor's appointment next week, I have to get the Rho-gham shot because of my blood type.  Ugh.  Oh well, maybe they'll give it to me in my butt, so I won't feel it as much (with all of the excess cushioning!)  I can't believe tomorrow is 28 weeks!  I read on the internet that a baby born at 28 weeks has over a 90% chance of survival, which amazed me!  I still can't believe there is a little person in there that, even at this point, looks like a recognizable baby.  Natalie did learn a new trick this weekend!  Now when I feel her kick/move around, if I lay down and lift up my shirt, I can see my belly move and ripple as she moves.  It's really neat, but definitely weirds me out a little!  Derek thinks it's really funny and loves watching her move.  Apparently before too long, I'll start seeing knees and elbows and feet.  Wow!  

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post pictures from the 4-D Ultrasound!

No comments: