Thursday, March 27, 2008

Still Breech!

Well, our 2nd and final attempt at a 4D ultrasound didn't prove to be any more successful than the 1st attempt.  She is still in the exact same position....butt first with her feet and hands up in front of her face.  Oh well!  But other than that, she is doing great!  I will be 30 weeks on Tuesday, which is so exciting.  I talked to the doctor and he said that if she is still breech at 36 weeks, they will either try and manually turn her around (called a version procedure) or just schedule me for a C-section.  Derek and I really don't want to try and manually move her -- low success rate, lots of risks involved, very painful, etc. -- so we'll probably just go ahead and schedule the C-section at that point.  The doctor said he would like to do the C-section when I'm 39 weeks, which is around June 4th.  We'll see!  Maybe she'll flip, but I just don't think she will.  She's pretty stubborn.  I guess the advantage in having a scheduled C-section is that maybe my parents and Derek's parents will be able to be there!

I also got my Rho-gam shot at the doctor's office a couple of days ago (because of my negative blood type), but the nurse gave it to me in my hip, so I didn't really feel it much due to the hip cushioning I've got goin on!  I will get another shot right after Natalie is born, unless she also has a negative blood type, and then I don't need it.  

Next doctor's appointment is not for another 3 weeks -- I'll be 32 weeks and counting then!

We have Natalie's room as set up as possible for now.  We built the swing, changing table, and pack n play/bassinet a few days ago and all are ready to go!  When my mom comes to visit the first weekend in May, I'll finalize everything (wash Natalie's clothes, etc.).

More updates to come later!

No comments: