Friday, May 16, 2008

36 weeks and NOT BREECH!

I went to my 36 week appointment yesterday and had an ultrasound which revealed 2 things.  Number 1 -- Natalie has flipped around and is in a head down and ready-to-go position.  Number 2 -- Natalie is a BIG girl!  The ultrasound estimates her to be about 7 and a half pounds already, and if I go until close to my due date, the doctors say she will be 9 pounds or so.  Wow!  Now I kinda want to have the C-section so I don't have to push her out!  Just kidding, but it is nice to know that I might end up avoiding a C-section!  In other news, mom is coming up on May 27th in time for my birthday on the 28th to stay with me until and after the baby is born for a while!  I am so glad she is willing to do this -- I know it makes Derek rest a little easier having her here and ready to help out when I go in labor.  And I'm just excited to have her here so we can hang out and have some mom/daughter quality time!  Derek is in Louisiana now for a few more days for Casey and Bridgett's wedding, so hopefully Natalie won't try and appear while he's gone.  I'm not worried -- I got checked yesterday and I am not really dilated at all.  I should be good to go!

No comments: