Monday, May 5, 2008

A Trip To The Hospital and Partial Bedrest

Wow!  A lot has happened since the last post!  On Wednesday night (April 30th), I started feeling TERRIBLE!  I had a horrible headache with blurred vision and my face was incredibly flushed.  After laying down for a few hours along with Tylenol, it just kept getting worse.  We called the doctor and because of my recent swelling and high blood pressure, she wanted me to come in to the hospital to get checked out.  After a few hours of monitoring the baby and my blood pressure, along with some blood and urine tests, they let me go home.  My blood pressure was high, but not too bad, and got better when I layed down.  All the blood work came back great and I was told to take it easy over the next few days.  My 24-hour urine test meant for this week was moved to the very next day (May 1st) and I was ordered not to go to work for a few days.  After relaxing all day Thursday, I had another doctor's appointment Friday morning (just for follow up after the hospital visit).  I felt SO much better Friday morning and the doctors were very happy with what they saw!  My blood pressure was completely back to normal and all 8 pounds of swelling I had gained previously were gone!  The conclusion:  take it easy, put my feet up, drink lots of water, and relax!  I had MORE blood work done on Friday.  The results of that and my 24-hour urine test should come in this week! 

I can still work, but now I am no longer on call (ever) and only working a few hours a day doing very easy tasks!  

Mom came in town Friday afternoon and we had so much fun!  She helped me get everything ready for Natalie's arrival and we spent a lot of time washing her clothes, putting her bottles in the kitchen cabinet, putting batteries in all of her contraptions, and packing hospital bags!  I couldn't have done it all without her!

Tomorrow is my first day back to work since last Wednesday, and I plan on taking it VERY easy!  A new picture of me is coming soon....I promise.  Tomorrow is 35 weeks!  I have another doctor's appointment Wednesday afternoon -- the first of several in which I get "checked" to see if I'm dilating....guess we'll see!

No comments: