Thursday, October 4, 2007

Here we go!

At the request of a couple of friends, here goes the blogging.  Well, first off, we're gonna have a baby!  It really hasn't set in AT ALL and probably won't for a while.  So here's the story:  I had been feeling a little crappy this past week and definitely knew it was possible that I was pregnant.  Yesterday morning (Oct 3rd), I woke up with the intention of taking a pregnancy test.  I woke up at 5 am because my bladder was about to burst and headed into the bathroom.  Half asleep, I managed to successfully pee on the stick and set the test on the floor right beside the potty while I washed my hands.  In comes Derek to use the bathroom after me (I guess I woke him up) and he looks down and sees the test and says, "Hey, that thing says you're pregnant."  I thought he was kidding so I snatched it up and couldn't believe it.  It definitely said PREGNANT really clearly.  It was the digital kind, so at first I just kept looking for the word NOT that I assumed would be in front of  PREGNANT.  It wasn't there.  It wasn't there 10 minutes later either.  Or 2 hours later.  Or 12 hours later.  OK....guess I really am pregnant!  Needless to say, I called A LOT of people with the news.  I have my first doctor's appointment on Oct 15th for the 6-8 week visit.  I think I'll be around 7 weeks then, but won't really know until I go.  From my calculations, I think we are looking at early June for a birthday, which would work out GREAT, as Derek has the whole summer off.  Lucky him.  

No comments: