Monday, October 15, 2007

I have a due date!

Today was the first doctor's appointment!  So apparently I really am pregnant.  Not that I doubted it, but it's nice to hear from a doctor!  Everything looked "normal" he said and I even got a due date -- June 5th -- He didn't do the ultrasound today....waiting until a week from Friday to do it because he says I am right on the line of being able to see the heartbeat, and he didn't want to do the ultrasound and not see a heartbeat and scare me.  All of that was fine by me!  A very invasive exam and getting stuck several times to try and find a vein for the blood draw were plenty for today!  Oh yeah...I do have a "tipped uterus" which basically means my uterus points toward my back instead of toward my bladder.  My doctor says some women have this and it only really means I will have very bad back pain during the pregnancy as the baby grows.  Yay.  Oh well, could be worse!  

No comments: