Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mommy Post #4

Well, we've been home for a couple of days now and Natalie has done so well!  Last night she even had a 4-hour sleeping stretch between feedings!  She really only wakes up at night to eat and then doesn't have much trouble falling back asleep.  Derek and I are really lucky so far to have such a chilled out baby.  She definitely has her daddy's personality!  We are able to sleep 3-4 hours at night so far, so that's not bad at all!  

Natalie goes to the pediatrician tomorrow morning for her first visit.  It will be interesting getting everything ready and out of the door by 8 am!  I am scheduled for a doctor's appointment on Monday (23rd) so the doc can check my incision.  Other than that, we really have no plans!  I think mom and I may get out today to get a pedicure or something while my dad and Derek watch her.  I need a small trip out into the real world!   Then I think Derek and my dad may go golfing this afternoon.

Mom and Dad are leaving tomorrow morning after Natalie's doctor's appointment.  It will be sad to see them go, but Derek and I are confident we can handle her on our own now!  We will have about 10 days to ourselves and then more company!  Susan, Leigh, Laury, and Allison are headed up at the end of the month to meet Natalie and hang out.  I am really excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie is absolutely beautiful! I watched the video and pretended I was there. Congratulations on a beautiful, happy, healthy baby!

Megan said...

she is precious! i love her head full of hair - can she share some with our little sarah? :) she is still bald! hope all is well!